Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Dragons are Coming!!





What started out as a normal school day completely changed when the bearded dragon eggs we have been incubating started to hatch. The mommy, Padme, laid 28 eggs of which about 4 never developed. So, we could have LOTS of beardies soon.

Here are pics of the first two. As I checked the eggs this morning, they had hatched and were running around. I can't wait until the others hatch.

In the one picture you can see their mom looking at them as if they would make a good lunch. My dc's wondered how any babies survive in the wild if the grown ups want to eat them.

If you would be interested in one, I am asking $50 plus shipping which must be one day. They will be ready when they are approximately 7 inches long, roughly 5 to 6 weeks old.

So, can I count this as science??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cool. If I did not already have a bunch of Geckos I just might buy one. My youngest loves Dragons!

Join our Crew on this Great Adventure called the Christian Life!!

Share our lives through thoughts and pictures, tales and tails along the way. We are a home educating family using an Eclectic, Classical style based upon The Well-Trained Mind.